CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2019/2020 ACADEMIC YEAR
Applications are invited from qualified Ghanaian students for the above-mentioned awards which are tenable in Universities in the People’s Republic of China for the 2019/20 academic year.
The Scholarships is for Masters and PhD levels of study and applicants should satisfy the following requirements:
- Be Ghanaian citizens resident in Ghana.
- Applicants for Master’s degree programme must be first degree holders (at least 2nd Class Upper or better) in relevant field of study.
- Applicants for Doctoral studies should have at least 2nd Class (Upper) and a relevant Master’s degree in related/relevant fields.
- Candidates must not be above 35 years for Master’s Degree and above 40years for Doctoral studies.
- Be medically fit
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Health (Biochemistry/Microbiology etc.)
- Science and Technology (Electronic and Electrical Engineering etc.)
- Agricultural Science
- Social Sciences
Mode of Application:
The Chinese Scholarships Council (CSC) has adopted the Chinese Government Scholarship system for scholarship application. Applicants should therefore apply online through the system before 14th March, 2019. The system would generate a unique Serial Number for each applicant.
Eligible applicants should apply in writing and submit hard copy of completed Application Form with certified Copies of academic certificates and transcript, Research proposal with study plan, Copy of birth certificate, One (1) recent passport size photograph, Copy of National Service Certificate, Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents to the address below:
P. O. BOX M 75
Alternatively, applicants may hand in applications personally to the same address.
Applicants are also requested to submit the following documents if applicable:
- Pre-admission Letter from Chinese Government Scholarship universities
- Language qualification certificate. e.g., HSK certificates, IELTS or TOFEL report.
All Applications must reach the Secretariat not later than Monday, 18th March, 2019.
Please note that the awards are very limited and therefore only shortlisted applicants who meet the criteria would be invited for interview.
Applicants are also informed that the services provided by the Secretariat is FREE and that no Individual. Group or Third Party Entity has been engaged by the Secretariat to assist any applicant.